BLK is the new app for black single men and black single women with a simple mission: to create an exclusive community where black men and black women can find meaningful connections with people who share the same preferences and interests. For just over a year since its official launch, BLK has expanded its membership base, which is exclusive to black singles living in the United States and Canada. Thanks to the strict registration process, you can be sure that the majority of its members are authentic and have genuine intentions when using the app. All BLK features are free to use and rely on reciprocal connections. This means that you can only send a message to those who are also interested in you.
BLK ensures that they will always improve their mobile app to provide a seamless experience for their members to meet and connect. They promise to provide a safe platform where black singles can form a community based on similar preferences and interests. BLK is a black dating app available only in the United States and Canada. Despite its limited accessibility, it still enjoys a relatively good average of downloads from both the App Store and Play Store. In terms of gender, most users are men. However, since most of the features are free, it won’t be impossible if the gender ratio improves in the long run.Age-wise, BLK‘s population is quite young. The majority are in the 25-34 age group, but a significant proportion of the members are between 18-24 years old. If you’d rather interact with adult members, you’ll see a handful of members in their late 30s and older.
Signing up for an account on BLK only takes one to three minutes. You have two options for registering: via your mobile number or your Facebook account. If you choose to log in using your mobile number, BLK will send you a validation code that you must provide on the verification page. If you choose to register through your Facebook account, you only need to allow Facebook to access your basic information. Your profile picture, name, and date of birth will then be automatically synchronized. After you sign up, just enter your gender and the gender of the person you are looking for and you are ready to use the mobile app.
BLK has a pretty simple contacting feature which is similar to other popular dating apps. Its matchmaking feature is roulette-type, where photos of potential matches are displayed on your screen and you have the choice to skip or send alike. Swiping right means that you like the person while swiping left means that he or she is not really your type. When you get a mutual interest, you and that user will belong to each others’ connections and you can start chatting.
You can also send “Really Like” notifications to a member you are very much interested in. When you send a “Really Like” to another member, that member is notified about your interest. This increases the chances of a mutual match. With regard to match suggestions, you can modify your match suggestions in terms of age, location, and gender. You can change these in your “Account Settings” which is represented by a gear icon. Profiles in BLK feature very limited details. In fact, unless they use up all allowable 200 characters for the “About Me” section, profiles feature only three things about the member. These details are the member’s occupation, school or company, and how many miles you are away from him or her.
However, since providing a photo is required in BLK, the majority of members have at least three photos on their photo galleries as well. Usually, BLK fills up the six photo spaces with the profile photos on your Facebook account that is set to public. With dozens of mobile apps and websites specifically made for Black dating, why do users use the newcomer, BLK? We have rounded up three reasons why this new dating app is worthy of playing in the “big leagues”: Since BLK is only available in two countries, the member base is contained within a specific geographical location. So whenever you strike a match, you are sure that the member you matched with does not live halfway across the world. Other than that, BLK is highly marketed for Black singles, so its member base is 98% composed of Black individuals looking to date people of the same color.
With BLK‘s roulette-type matchmaking feature, getting matches or connections, are fairly quick and easy. With just one swipe, you can either hit skip or send an interest. When you like a person who also liked you, there will be a pop-up saying that you’re a match. You can then start messaging him or her, and it could be the start of a fruitful relationship. This type of matchmaking is fast-paced and highly relies on appearance. It’s perfect for users who want to pass the time and get a quick connection with another person.
- 1 How to Download and install?
- 2 Step 1: Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac
- 3 Step 2: Install the emulator on your PC or Mac
- 4 Step 3: For PC – Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10
- 5 Step 4: for Mac OS
- 6 Features:
- 7 BLK Frequently asked questions
- 7.1 Who Owns BLK?
- 7.2 When was BLK first launched?
- 7.3 Is BLK exclusive to black people?
- 7.4 Is BLK available on the desktop?
- 7.5 How do I become a member of BLK?
- 7.6 Does BLK offer premium membership or additional purchases?
- 7.7 Can I temporarily hide my BLK profile?
- 7.8 How do I permanently delete my BLK account?
- 7.9 Is it possible to recover a deleted BLK account?
- 7.10 How BLK works
- 7.11 How do I send a message in BLK?
- 7.12 How do I upload a photo?
- 7.13 How do I delete a photo?
- 7.14 Why was my photo deleted?
- 7.15 How do I log out of the app?
- 7.16 What is a ‘passphrase’?
- 7.17 I want to delete a match, how do I do that?
- 7.18 I want to delete a conversation with another BLK member, how do I do that?
- 7.19 Why has my BLK Match disappeared?
- 7.20 What security features does BLK offer?
- 7.21 How do I block a user who is abusive?
- 7.22 How do I report a suspicious user?
- 8 Conclusion:
How to Download and install?
To install and use the BLK – Dating for Black Singles app on your PC or Mac, you will need to download and install a Desktop App emulator for your computer. We’ve worked hard to help you understand how to use this app for your computer in 4 easy steps below:
Step 1: Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac
- First things first. If you want to use the application on your computer, first go to the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the Bluestacks app or the Nox app >>. Most of the tutorials on the web recommend the Bluestacks app and I might be tempted to recommend this one as well as you’ll be more likely to find online solutions if you’re having trouble using the Bluestacks app on your computer. You can download the Bluestacks Pc or Mac software here >>.
Step 2: Install the emulator on your PC or Mac
Now that you have downloaded the emulator of your choice, go to the Downloads folder on your computer to locate the emulator or Bluestacks application.
- Once you find it, click on it to install the application or exe on your PC or Mac computer.
- Now click Next to accept the license agreement.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application properly.
- If you do the above correctly, the Emulator app will be installed successfully.
Step 3: For PC – Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10
Now open the emulator application you have installed and search for the search bar. Once you find it, type BLK – Dating for Black Singles in the search bar and hit Search. Click on BLK – Dating for Black singlesapplication icon. A BLK – Dating for Black Singles window in the Play Store or the app store will open and it will display the Store in your emulator application. Now hit the Install button and just like on an iPhone or Android device, your application will be downloaded. Now we are all done.
- You will see an icon called “All Apps”.
- Click on it and you will be taken to a page with all your installed applications.
- You should see the icon. Click on it and start using the application.
Step 4: for Mac OS
Hi. Mac user! The steps to use BLK – Dating for Black Singles for Mac are exactly like the ones for Windows OS above. All you need to do is install the Nox Application Emulator or Bluestack on your Macintosh.
- All BLK’s features are free. There is no need to pay for sending messages. You can completely enjoy the perks of being a member of BLK for absolutely no charge!
- BLK is easy and fun to use:
- Simply browse a personalized list of profiles.
- If you are interested, slide the profile to the right to give the person a “Yes” or click the “Heart” icon.
- If the feeling is mutual, then you are a match and you can immediately start chatting in our app.
- Not interested? Slide the profile to the left to give the person a “No” or click the “X” icon.
- From the moment you join, all members can:
- Join an exclusive community for single black men and black women
- Just like other members in your area
- Customize who and what they are looking for
- Receive a personalized group of profiles to browse each day
- Chat with other members if they liked you too
- Go for Premium and you can also:
- Rewind people to give them a second chance
- Send over 100 real likes per month to get noticed and let people know you’re really interested
- Boost your profile every month to be one of the top profiles in your area for 30 minutes
- Enjoy an uninterrupted ad-free experience!
BLK Frequently asked questions
Who Owns BLK?
BLK is owned and operated by Affinity Apps, Ltd. It’s part of the Match community, which also runs Tinder, OkCupid, Twoo, and a lot more.
When was BLK first launched?
BLK is a relatively new mobile dating app launched in the year 2017.
Is BLK exclusive to black people?
BLK is marketed to black singles, but anyone can still join.
Is BLK available on the desktop?
BLK is currently only available as a mobile app.
How do I become a member of BLK?
You can join BLK through Facebook or through a mobile number.
Does BLK offer premium membership or additional purchases?
BLK does not offer a premium membership, but it offers two types of additional purchases that can increase your chances of getting more matches.
Can I temporarily hide my BLK profile?
Yes, you can choose not to appear in other member’s match suggestions. You can do this by deselecting the Show me on BLK “option in your profile settings.
How do I permanently delete my BLK account?
You can delete your account by clicking the “Delete” button in the “Profile Settings”. Deleting your account will delete all of your messages and connections.
Is it possible to recover a deleted BLK account?
You cannot recover a deleted BLK account.
How BLK works
BLK works through a roulette-type matching. It shows you photos of possible matches that you swipe left to skip or right to like. Also, if you are swept right by a member you like, you will be added to each other’s connections.
How do I send a message in BLK?
The reporting in BLK functions via mutual connections. Members can only message their successful connections.
How do I upload a photo?
You can upload a photo in BLK by clicking the “Add” button from the “Edit Profile” icon.
How do I delete a photo?
When you tap the “Edit Profile” icon, simply tap the “X” button to remove a photo from BLK.
Why was my photo deleted?
Your photo was removed because it probably didn’t meet BLK’s photo guidelines. Nude, violent, copyrighted, and celebrity photos are not allowed to be uploaded on BLK.
How do I log out of the app?
Through your “Profile Settings”, you can tap the “Log Out” button to temporarily log out of BLK.
What is a ‘passphrase’?
‘Passphrase’ is similar to a password that you have to enter every time you use the same number, but you want to log in to BLK with a new device.
I want to delete a match, how do I do that?
To delete a match on BLK, long-press the profile picture of the match you want to delete and tap “Remove connection”.
I want to delete a conversation with another BLK member, how do I do that?
You can delete a conversation on BLK by sliding it to the left and clicking “Delete”.
Why has my BLK Match disappeared?
Your BLK match may have disappeared because they deleted their account or because they don’t match you.
What security features does BLK offer?
How do I block a user who is abusive?
You can block an abusive user on BLK by tapping the “Block Member” button under the three dots on his or her profile.
How do I report a suspicious user?
You can report a problem on BLK by tapping the “Report a Problem” button under the three dots on his or her profile.
BLK provides a promising platform for black singles to make direct connections. Yes, its features are very similar to other dating apps and it doesn’t really offer anything ‘new’, but it is one of the few prolific mobile dating apps specifically targeting Black Singles. The strict registration process ensures that only US or Canadian residents can log in to the app. This helps to limit the membership base to a concentrated location, which increases the likelihood of an actual meeting between members. So, if you’re looking for a secure app that prioritizes making connections over expanding the membership base, BLK is probably the new app to try. Sign up and see what awaits you!